Tuesday, January 3, 2012

INTRODUCTION - JO

G'day fellow ALAW-ers. Another year has begun and my brain is in overdrive.

I live on the sunny (mostly) Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia. I am a painter, previously also a potter, and love to work in mixed media.

Last year was my first ALAW and I so enjoyed the challenge that I'm back again to give it another go.

My first choice of tools to work with would have to be collage/mixed media...

1st alphabet 2011
I deviated a little from this with my second alphabet, and planned to make a mini-book. My fondness for bending the rules a little made me interpret the 'letter a week' thing literally and I actually wrote a letter for each week, using the relevant 'letter' each time. The 'letters' were printed on vellum, scorched and attached with sealing wax to ink-splattered watercolour paper.


Well, I finished the signatures but still haven't sewn them together. I guess today's the day.


This year's 'dotty' thingy might mean pixels to me, then again who knows what other inspiration might strike. If I can find a way to bend the rules again I will.  Perhaps there's a little 'rebel' in me.

Thanks to Fiona there's a year of incredible creativity about to unfold on this site, and I can hardly wait for the show to begin.

If you wish to see what I do in my 'spare' time please visit:

http://www.jomurray-art.blogspot.com

6 comments:

  1. Great results, Jo - looking forward to seeing this year's results, happy NY xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the humour in your second alphabet ! to bend the rules, I like too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see your on board again this year Jo! I look forward in seeing your next creations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo
    After watching you and the others make such fantastic pieces last year, I'm inspired to join in. Can't wait to see what you come up with....and, my little brain is a-spinnin'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to have you back Jo - the first two alphabets were both so tantalising!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what wil you come up with this time??
    looking forward to see it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on our work - it's always good to hear what folk think!