Wednesday, August 22, 2012

JGR-EFGH Second Alphabet

Hello Alaw friends, I hope everyone is doing fine. Things here have cooled off (low 80's F) the last few weeks and it seems Fall is in the air! Continuing with my second alphabet, I'm having FUN:
To recap-my approach came about when I was testing out some new color combinations with my watercolors . . . . 
 I found that if I let the paint and water mingle, I could gently nudge them into the shape of letters. . .
 . . . some of the shapes are so subtle, it's not immediately obvious. I do like the random overlaps of texture and color,
 on this one G, I 'helped' things along with a dry-brush ever so lightly when the paint was almost dry.
H is probably the most straight-forward so far, and I really like the bright splash of yellow-green on the left. I can't wait to start on the next four! Thank you all for your lovely comments on my last post.
Have a good day.

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, so free and fluid. I think your dry hot weather has influenced this work! looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 'soft' look of these.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on our work - it's always good to hear what folk think!