Sunday, December 30, 2012

Deb - final presentation

I made a small box/envelope from the back cover of the Ikea catalogue. I have never made anything like this before and I had to make several prototypes first! (I usually work with fabric.) I have then used silver paper ribbon and a pearl button as a closure. I'm not totally happy with what I've done but it is the end of the year tomorrow and I wanted to finish the alphabet this year!





I have had so much fun being part of ALaW2012. I will not be continuing in 2013 as I will be traveling and also have other projects on the go. I'll continue to follow ALaW with great interest and perhaps join up again in 2014??

4 comments:

  1. I think this is fabulous, Deb, and congrats for getting it finished on time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perfect packaging Deb! Thanks for playing this year I have loved your alphabet explorations. Travel safe, Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a wonderful 'cover' for your very cool alphabet...the page you chose has a perfect pattern for the origami-type of packaging. I'm still amazed by how you found such a great selection of letters among those catalog pages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes use old advertising "junk" and catalogues to make cards.Now I can see another avenue to explore. Z is my favourite, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on our work - it's always good to hear what folk think!